Sunday, March 05, 2006

Wind Sucks Part Deux

Finally was able to find someone to go riding with me on a weekend. It was really nice out, so I couldn't pass up the chance. I was afraid I was going to miss the opportunity, since Lower Allen had a fire that I was at, but we got out of there quick enough that I still had some time left. You can view my ride here. Overall the ride was really good. It wasn't as gusty as the last time I did that circuit, so I was able to keep my pace up. My heart rate is still way up in the high 170's low 180's most of the time. I wish I knew why... Am I that out of shape, or is that just me? It will be nice to compare that ride at the end of the season this fall I guess. Mark was drafting off of me a lot of the time, so I guess I'm going to have to make him lead next time. He has the excuse of not knowing where he's going though. I'll have to convince him to buy a Garmin 305 so he can load the courses in.

I probably should have had more to eat today too, got a nasty cramp in my right calf muscle, but with Church and the fire, I didn't get much of a chance to ingest salts and proteins like I should have. I was fine as long as I kept moving, but the moment I stopped using the muscle, it got pretty bad. I always get them on the same side too, when I do get them. Mark had mentioned cleat position, so maybe I'll mess with that to see if it helps.

No comments: