Monday, March 13, 2006

3 rides

Well, the weather has been really nice lately, and I have taken 3 bike rides since I have last posted. The first was last Friday, where I took a quick lunch ride around what I thought would be a short course. Turned out it was longer than I expected, but that's okay. Details here.

Second Ride was a nice long ride with Mark on Saturday, all in all, it was 38 miles for me. Lots of climbing. Ended up not realizing where I was half way through, I guess I didn't memorize the route well enough, so we didn't go where I planned. That's okay though, it was still fun. Just have to do the planned route next time.

Third ride was today. Did the normal (Default) Lunch time ride by myself. My Co-workers are to lazy to actually want to work out during the lunch period lately I guess. They keep giving me excuses, but I think they are just lazy. I rode the loop a little more aggressive than usual just to push myself. Didn't do to bad. 17.7 mph average, and that's with hills, and stopping/slowing for traffic and stuff. Mark thinks he can beat it (and he probably can) but he insists on shortening the loop first... Well of course you can beat it then Mark! So can I. So I guess I'll just have to go out there with him when he tries to do it. Draft him, then beat him in a sprint at the end... :) I know its not that nice, but its probably the only way I can do it. He is just way more cardiovascularly fit that I am. I think I have more power out of the saddle though... time will tell. And yes Mark, if you are reading this, I AM taunting you.... perhaps a 2nd time even!

No comments: