Friday, March 24, 2006

Pics from Iraq

Not sure how many people actually read this, but I thought I would share some interesting pictures that my brother-in-law has taken while he is deployed in Iraq.

I have to say, those Iraqis have some pretty sweet commuter bikes over there! Super knobby tires, with front and rear fenders, headlights, pannier mounts, and a horn. To top it all off, its sporting a trunk as well, fits smaller children perfectly! I'm not trying to make fun of them, I just think its a great shot, that has a lot of character in it.

Other shots of Saddam's palaces are in there too. Pretty impressive, I'm not sure what I think about such extravagant government buildings when the rest of the country is not doing so well. I think we have a little bit of that here in America as well, though probably not to the same extent. Perhaps the Iraqi's will be able to turn them around and use them as tourist attractions if they can ever get themselves into a position where people would actually want to visit their country. Here's a suggestion folks: Plant some Trees!

I can't believe how barron that place looks. To think it was once a fertile land that had so much to offer. I'm told it is the way it is now because all the trees where cut down. Good luck getting them to grow now though, I guess you'd have to start somewhere near a body of water where irrigation could be consistent, and slowly grow outward.

On another note, I actually brought my bike to work with me today, so I could ride, but I'm feeling lazy and I don't have anyone to ride with today, so I guess the bike is staying in the car... That's fine go ahead and ridicule me. I also hope soon to post a little personal review on my thoughts of Garmin's Edge 305 CAD/HR unit. I've been using it for about a month now I guess. I think its a great tool. More to come later.

No comments: