Thursday, March 09, 2006

I think I can, I think I can

So yesterday, Mark and I took a mid afternoon bike ride. You can see his comments on the ride here. I figured we would just do a normal route and glide along and have some fun.... but nooooo, Mark decides he wants to go to the top of the "hill" on Miller's Gap road. A road I have yet to make it up without dismounting.... So I figured what the heck. Needless to say, I had blast. I made it all the way up this time. Had to use a little trick that Mark taught me, that involved switchbacks up the road, but it gives you that 2 second rest you need to go up another 5 feet. Its quite a good feeling to make it up there, despite the fact that you physically feel like your heart's going to explode.

Speaking of heart rate. I really need to find a way to make mine work consistently. At least in cold weather. It doesn't seem like cold skin or something. As you can see from the HR graph on the motionbased page, it was all over, and 240 bpm isn't exactly realistic. I believe that could be classified as some sort of fibrilation, in which case you better be getting the AED. Oh well.

The weather is supposed to be near 60 today, but I'm stuck at a customer sight doing an install today. :-( Oh well. The weather will be getting nice soon, and I won't have be sad about missing the good days that we are having now.

No comments: