Friday, March 17, 2006

Friday afternoon prologue of sorts

So after talking with Mark, and trying to come up with a nice little course we can time trial on, we came up with a nice short little 10 mile course, that is pretty much a subsection of our default lunch ride. It kind of is like a little proglogue ride that they have at the beginning of those big fancy European races. I managed to get an 18.4 mph average speed, as per my Garmin Edge 305, though the data upload to motion based says its only 18.3 mph. I think it might have to do with the way auto pause works on the unit, as well is the distance discrepancy. Software says 10.57 miles, where as MB says 10.55. Either way I'm mostly happy with the results. I was aiming for a 19mph average... hopefully I can obtain at least that by this fall.

Yesterday, we also went up Millers gap again. That was also a good ride, I took my cyclocross bike though, since it has the triple chainring up front. I wouldn't say it was any less tiring on than my road bike, but it was nice to not have to do those little mini switchbacks. I felt like I was cheating though. Not sure why.

The weather is being wacky here too... in the high 70's on monday, now the mid 40's and super windy. Quite annoying. I wish it would just make up its mind. Or at least not be windy. I think the wind is my least favorite part about biking... give me hills any day over wind.

No comments: