Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Tag, I'm it...

So I've been growing a little blogging network it seems of people who read my blog, and I reciprocate and read theirs. Not out of obligation, but as a means of entertainment, and joy. Also some of those I read are kind of a nostalgic link to my youth, and are a way to remain in touch with those that were so pivotal in influencing the way I think today. Anyhow, one such blog "tagged" me to describe 7 weird or random things about myself, since they themselves have already done this. I guess its the new form of "chain letter," but hey, it's brought visitors to my blog that may not have normally found it otherwise, through comments and such I've left in response on others. So without any further ado, here they are.

  1. It's a goal of mine to visit all 7 continents of this world for "free." Being sent through gainful employment counts in my book. I figure I've gotten the hardest one out of the way (Antarctica). All I have left are Africa, Asia, and Australia. I hope to have Australia out of the way within the next few years, if things go as planned. The other 2 are going to be harder. Haven't quite figured them out yet. Let me know if you see any opportunities! :) And no, the peace corp is not in my list of options. (I have a feeling my "In-Laws" can help with the Asian part, though, I suppose technically, they are in eastern europe.)
  2. My favorite Mammal (other than my wife) would be the ferret. We used to own 2 ferrets, which were an absolute blast and gave me many happy memories. Who else can say their pets randomly fell out of their basement ceiling?
  3. (So Far) My idea of an ideal retirement would be owning a small bed and breakfast in the middle of the mountains somewhere, with a loyal customer base. In addition to the B&B, I'd offer a custom seasonal based dinner menu with a limited number of seats, by reservation only. I don't think I'll ever stop working, and something like that sounds fun. Its cool to meet new people.
  4. I can probably be considered a "tea snob." I like loose leaf teas, and often find the typical stuff found in American grocery stores to be unsatisfactory. I often enjoy a fine Assam tea. One of my other favorites has recently become Lapsang Souchong. A co-worker of mine told me about it (and pointed me to a local shop to buy loose leaf) and I think its great. I've recently picked up a Mate and Bombilla from Chile as well, and hope to try out some Yerba Mate, in the tradition sense.
  5. I'm a cat person. For some reason, little yippy dogs get on my nerves, and big dogs are just to much maintenance for me at the moment. I do like big dogs, just don't see myself owning one.
  6. I have an OCD issue, where I don't like to drink from the same spot on a glass twice. Its not quite OCD, as I will circle the glass more than once if need be, its just not preferred. Don't ask me why, as I really don't know where I picked it up. Its just something I do.
  7. Well, I didn't want to use this one, since its kind of steeling someone elses idea, but I'm struggling to come up with a 7th. I'm not a glass is half full or empty kind of person... Instead, I've decided the glass is too big. I'll admit I didn't come up with that idea, but I totally agree with it.
So there's 7, Mark, Luke, and Jim, if you're reading this, its your turn. You folks don't update your blogs frequent enough.

P.S. I'm home safe in Colorado (YAY!) More to come later.

No comments: