Friday, March 28, 2008

Nothing Much

Today was spent working again. About the only thing unusual I did today was spend some time in the outdoor hot tub. I would imagine not to many people can say they've been in a hot tub at Antarctica, so I figured why not? It was cool to just hang out outdoors, near the water and hear the glacier calving in background. I'm still in awe about the noise it makes. It must be magnificent to be close to something like that when it happens (though not too close).

Tomorrow I hope to go assist some of the station staff with some work up on the glacier, and then maybe, and hopefully go for a ride on a zodiac. Its important we test the range of the wireless network here :) If not there is always Sunday. I hope to use Sunday for a nice long hike.

I could seriously see myself spending a period of time here. The community appeals to me, as well as the science research going on. I visited the aquarium tonight as well. They have a few display tanks with some of the local see life. A lot of the sea stars, sea spiders, and urchins are really cool. I'll try and get some pictures of them before I leave. Until later!

No comments: