Saturday, February 25, 2006

02-25-06 Wind Sucks (unless its behind me)

So I took a quick ride over to a local outfitter to pick up some maps of Shenandoah National Park for a group hike I'm planning to lead in June. I discovered how nice out it was and decided that I couldn't pass up the nice weather and had to go for a bike ride. Mark was out of town and I couldn't get a hold of Tex, so I was on my own. The first two miles were great, as usual though I think I started out to fast and it took me a while to get into my grove. I left my chest strap at work so I have no HR data for this ride either. Oh well. You can see details of my ride here. Over all I enjoyed it, but the wind picked up about 10-15 minutes into the ride, and made things quite difficult, gusty cross winds made going in a straight line difficult. I swear for a while I was riding at an angle going down a pretty straight road. It was nice to get out and just pump the legs for a while. I tried to concentrate on my cadence and keep it consistent this ride. I think I'm liking the 90-100 rpm range.

No comments: