Thursday, January 01, 2009

New Years Hike


Today the family and I went for a hike up in Rocky Mountain National Park with some friends. We had done this same hike the first week or so we moved to Colorado in November of 2007. Needless to say, the weather would have been considered by many more pleasant in November. I figured it would be easy enough to do in more hostile weather. We made it, not with complaining by the little ones, but we made it. I am personally finding winter hiking to be really enjoyable. For some reason the frigid wind and squeaky snow bring out the rawness of nature that I love to connect with. So the final destination, as seen above is Emerald Lake. This is a composite image of about 8 different photos put together.
I wish you all a very happy new year, and here's to many hikes out in the woods! Cheers.

No comments: