Monday, October 20, 2008

Noisy Varmit

Speaking of wildlife... We had another visitor last night. It would seem that the racoon's are feeling territorial over our yard (more than likely, our compost bin). We were woken by an amazingly noisy ruckus. You would have thought there was some part dog, part rabbit creature being subjected to some sort of medieval torture device in our backyard or something. Jess and I scurried out of bed to see what was up and spotted this one in our tree. Now what would be cool is if we could attract some mountain lions to eat these guys, that would actually be worth getting up over :) Question then is what would eat the mountain lion? I dunno why she swallowed the fly, perhaps she'll die.

Needless to say, my picture shooting skills aren't that great in the early hours of the morning. I didn't even think to grab the tripod that was 5 feet away from me. Oh well. He wasn't sitting all that still anyway. Not bad for a .6 second handheld exposure though f/1.8 ISO 1600

1 comment:

hippo chick said...

Hi Gerritt, I haven't been keeping up with you lately. You post too infrequently. Anyway, I plan to do better if you do.

I loved your recent posts and pics. Your son is getting so big. How old is he now?

Hope all is well with you. I'm trying to get the Haaks to watch "Big Bang".

~hippo hugs~
Pam