Tuesday, June 10, 2008

New Lens

So I ran out and got what are considered to be some of my friends most favorite lenses.... The Canon 50mm f/1.8. Its my first prime lens, and will take a little getting used to me thinks. I found myself wanting to twist something to zoom in or out on the subject. Also had fun playing with it stopped wide open at f/1.8 and the very narrow Depth of Field it gives you ( as seen in the 1st picture below, notice my boys ear's and neck are out of focus) Overall I think it will be a good addition to my lens collection. Hopefully I'll be able to get some good pics out of it at some point to share.



These (above and below) photos are for everyone that's been bugging me for more shots of my family. The one below was from a recent trip to RMNP, though, its low res. on purpose. My camera managed to auto focus on the background instead of us, so the shot didn't really turn out that well. So making it low res was my way of hiding it... :)

1 comment:

hippo chick said...

oh gerrit,

what a cutie he is. how old is he?
i'm so happy to see a pic of all of you.

we're muddling along. jim will have handsurgery on monday.

i loved your definition of success.