Sunday, January 06, 2008

Post Holiday Update

Well, the holiday's are over, and its been quite a while since I've posted anything, so I figured I aught to at least put something in this here blog for y'all to read. I can't say I have much of interest to post though.

Let's see... The weekend before Christmas I went skiing up at Loveland again, and had a blast. I'm getting comfortable with pretty much any groomed terrain. No fancy tricks or anything, but I can handle things as fast or as slow as I want. Its a different story when you put bump/moguls in my way though. Gotta get better at them though, if I'm ever to join ski patrol, or S&R teams. Below is a picture of the parking lot, looking towards the main "consumer" area.

I wanted to take more pictures from the mountain that day, but it was a whopping 5 degrees Fahrenheit out there with an incredibly cold wind chill. You knew if you had skin showing (and I'm going to Antarctica? I must be nuts). Needless to say, the internal pockets in my coat where not in a good place for a camera, so it just sat in the locker all day.


Christmas Day came along and Geoffrey was very excited to see some presents under the tree. He also got his first sled too. We didn't have much opportunity for sleeding back in PA. We live a couple 100 feet down the street from a park with a nice hill on it here though. I'm not sure he knew what to make of the big blue plastic thing at first.



Geoffrey also got several different versions of building blocks. From the cardboard ones above, to Wooden blocks, to legos. I think he enjoys them all equally. Well, mostly he enjoys destroying anything the he builds up. I have fun playing the the cardboard ones. Its fun to apply simple engineering concepts to see what kind of structures you can build up.

A few of my Co-Workers have headed down to McMurdo Station, and then will be onto the South Pole towards the end of the month. One of them has a blog going... You can read more here about his travels here. I'll hopefully be doing this tour next season. The trip I have scheduled for March is the one he did last season.

My new (to me, thank-you ebay) Camera should be arriving this week (I hope) too. So maybe I'll be able to get some improved upon pictures soon. Though, for a while, they may be worse, LOL, as I have to figure out how all this SLR stuff works. I knew I should have taken that photography class in High School. Oh well. There's a Community College close by, so maybe someday I could take something there. There's plenty of info out on the web though, so hopefully that won't be necessary.

Well, I guess there's not much else to say, other than Happy New Year everyone. Say Hi or something once and a while! Cheers!

No comments: