Tuesday, November 13, 2007

There's no place like home

So the new job is going well. I'm getting up to speed with things, albeit slowly, and have been able to make contributions back to the team and be slightly productive, so thats good. On the flip side of things, We've found a house to rent for at least year. It will probably end up being more like 2 years though, as we try and save for a down payment for some other place, etc. It kind of annoys me to be renting again, but given what we've learned, financially, in the last few years, its the best choice. The house is nice, and IMHO in a great location for our interests and needs. The work commute will be a little longer than I would have hoped, but thats okay. It's nice to have a place to call home. As of today though, we are still in a hotel since none of our property has arrived. In fact, I don't even know when its going to arrive, exactly. The moving company hasn't given us a hard date yet. Before Thanksgiving would be wonderful though. Restaurant food is getting old. As much as I love eating out and trying new things, its very difficult to take a 4 year old out every night who only ever wants macaroni and cheese, or hot dogs.

On another note, we visited Rocky Mountain National Park and the Garden of the Gods last weekend. Once again, I was reminded of why I love it out here so much. The Creation is so beautiful. Made me wish I had a decent camera though. I can't deside whether to get a really nice point and shoot, like the Canon Powershot G9, and be done with it, or get a decent, but not overkill for a photo newb like me, Digital SLR . If I did that, I'd still want a lower end point and shoot for times when its not so convenient to pull out the SLR. If you have any recommendations, I'm open to them.

1 comment:

The Dudley Family said...

Hey Gerri! Glad to hear you found a house. Let us know how the job continues to go. I wanted to post this comment to highly recommend the Nikon D40x as an entry-level DSLR. I actually have the D50 (which I also recommend) and I LOVE it. You should be able to get the kit (which includes a lens) for around $600. Believe me, once you make the switch to SLR, you'll never go back. Review is here: http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikond40x/
Keep in touch! Us "ex-Perfect Order"-ites need to stay together! :) BTW, we're finally opening the kayak store: www.sunapeeoutfitters.com